Sunday, January 18, 2009

My dear Daughter...

Ramayana and Mahabaratha stories are ruling the roost at our home these days - thanks to my daughter's obsession with those stories. This evening, when I was reading something on the internet, she comes up and says, " I did not know that Arjuna also was Draupadi's husband". I said, "Draupadi was only one of Arjuna's wives. He also had other wives - Chitrangada, Subhadra, Uloopi etc.". I then asked her, "How many wives does appa have?" for which she promptly replied, "TWO.". I was surprised and asked, "HOW?". She explains, "One amma and another I will grow up to be one". I then followed up and said, "Hey dear, you are my daughter and will be so forever. When you grow up you will have someone else as your husband." She added with some tear collecting on the corners of her eyes, "No. But when I grow up I want to be always with you and amma." I just hugged her and said, "Don't worry. I wont leave your side."

No comments: